What could be better than a theme park with heart-pounding roller coasters and exotic animals? That’s right! A theme park that offers exquisite food and wines so that you enjoy your day differently. Busch Gardens is bringing back its 6th annual Food and Wine Festival starting on Feb. 29 through April 26!
Exquisite Food and Drink Selection
This is definitely a festival for the foodies who enjoy the culinary arts, so make sure you are hungry when you get there! Busch Gardens has recently hired a new award-winning Executive Chef, Ernie Reyes, who has created a different and innovative new approach to the foods offered at the festival. In addition to all the fan-favorite dishes and more than 80 types of wine, beer, and cocktails, Reyes has included 25 new food items:
- ALL-NEW Chef’s Corner Cabin: This cabin will feature three signature dishes prepared by the park’s head chefs. There will be delicacies such as arroz con pollo, pork belly taco with kimchi slaw, and pork tenderloin with champagne watercress sauce.
- NEW Iconic Coaster Cocktails: Stop by this cabin to taste amazing brand new cocktails named after the most popular coasters at the park, such as the Iron Gwazi Gimlet, Falcon’s Fury Lemon Drop, and Tigris Tea.
- NEW Pick-A-Barrel tasting: This year you will have the unique opportunity to create your own flight of liquors and wines featured from all around the world.
There will be many options and cabins for you to choose from, but don’t worry! This won’t be overwhelming at all because you will be given a handy festival guide to help you out throughout the day! Your guide will include all cabins and their menus, as well as any other important information about live music and other activities.
You will have to pay for the food and wine you consume, but if you want to try a more broad experience, you can purchase a 5, 8 or 12-item sampler lanyard to use at each cabin and try sample-sized dishes and drinks, starting at just $32. Pass Members can purchase an exclusive 15-item Sampler for the same prices as a 12-item one and save 20% off!
Bring on the music!
Every year, Busch Gardens hosts amazing bands and singers from all genres and preferences! Dance away while you try out their amazing food and wines. This year is no different as they will be presenting a diverse line-up for everyone to enjoy!
Here are the concert headliners and dates:
- Feb. 28: Only available for Pass Members, there will be a Pass Member Exclusive Preview with “Eaglemania: The World’s Greatest Eagles Tribute Band!”
- Feb 29: Collective Soul
- March 1: The Commodores
- March 7: Chase Bryant & Danielle Bradbery
- March 8: Rachel Platten
- March 14: Ezra Ray Hart
- March 15: THREE DOG NIGHT
- March 21: LOCASH
- March 22: Fitz & The Tantrums
- March 28: Home Free
- March 29: Taking Back Sunday
- April 4: Third Eye Blind
- April 5: KC & The Sunshine Band
- April 11: 38 Special
- April 12: Micah Tyler & Austin French
- April 18: Lee Brice
- April 19: Clint Black
- April 25: El Gran Combo
- April 26: Toad the Wet Sprocket & The Verve Pipe
Brand New Adrenaline-inducing Coasters
The park will finally be opening its new attractions this Spring 2020! Are you ready for the tallest hybrid coaster in the U.S. and the fastest and steepest in WORLD? Iron Gwazi will be opening its doors for those who dare ride it. Visit Adventure Island for a quick spin and splash in their brand new Solar Vortex, Amerca’s first dual tailspin waterslide!
Check out Busch Gardens' website for more information on prices and ticketing.
Images Courtesy of Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
For more fun events check out our EVENTS page!