Thanks to Florida’s climate, it is pretty much always u-pick season in the Tampa Bay area. There are plenty of places to pick peaches and citrus around Tampa Bay.
Take advantage of Florida’s early growing season. We’ve included all our favorite places for u-pick citrus and peaches in Tampa Bay, as well as the other things each place offers.
Tips to make the most out of your u-pick citrus adventure:
- Bring plenty of water. You will definitely want to stay hydrated, so bring plenty of water for everyone in your group.
- Be prepared to get dirty! While walking the rows of fruit fields, it’s ideal to wear closed-toe shoes (ideally old shoes or ones that are easy to clean).
- Bring wet wipes. Keeping wet wipes and towels on hand is also a great idea to avoid tracking the dirt in your car. Not every farm has a traditional restroom onsite.
- Pack sun protection. Open fields mean lots of sunshine. Hats, sunscreen, and water will come in very handy.
- Bring the right containers. Some places will have bags and boxes for you to put your picked produce in, but it’s always a good idea to bring your own just in case. Keep in mind that you pay by weight, so lighter bags and baskets are a good idea.
*U-pick availability is subject to change. We recommend checking the location’s website or Facebook page before you go for updates and hours.
A Land of Delight Natural Farm in Plant City
2514 Leaning Pine Lane, Plant City
Open Monday – Friday, 10am – 6:30pm, and Saturday 8am – 5pm
Citrus: Spring (months vary)
This local farm has u-pick citrus fruits, and a huge stock of fruit trees to add to your own home garden.
It is the sweetest family-owned farm, and the owner also offers free courses on aquaponics. There are so many unique fruit trees to discover here! They also have adorable farm animals to visit with. Check their Facebook page for updates.
Dooley Groves in Ruskin
1651 Stephens Road, Ruskin
Open Daily, 10am – 4pm
Citrus: Mid-November – March
Dooley Groves in Ruskin is a team favorite here! They offer several different types of citrus u-pick, so you can go more than once during the season.
Depending on timing, they have honeybells, pineapple oranges, and grapefruit ready to be picked seven days a week. Make sure to check their website or Facebook page for availability and updates.
Florida Sweeties in Dade City
Several groves in Dade City, call 727-320-5151 to find out which orchard is open
- Florida Sweeties Naturals Orchard: 13023 Curley Rd. Dade City, FL 33525 (Organic Practices)
- Rusty Creek Orchard: 13822 Scharber Rd. Dade City, FL 33525
- Greishop Orchard: 32999 Grieshop Rd. Dade City, FL 33525
- Peachy Keen Orchard: 15701 Jessamine Rd. Dade City, FL 33523
When to visit…
- Citrus: December
- Peaches: Late March-May
The orchards at Florida Sweeties are full of sweet peaches that are ready to be picked! This is a not-to-miss u-pick event! Check their website or Facebook page for orchard locations and availability.
The Southern Peach Company in Lithia
13231 State Road 674, Lithia 33547
The peaches are ready on select days only. This fifth-generation family farm in Lithia has all the charm peach picking has to offer, including a photo opportunity with an old-fashioned truck as you enter the orchard.
The century-old farm offers plenty of peaches to go around for everyone starting in late April. After picking, stop by Alafia River State Park which is just minutes away for some relaxation and fun under the trees. Visit their Facebook page here.
Explore these local u-pick farms in Tampa Bay for a day full of fresh produce, berry picking, and more. In our complete guide to u-pick farms, we’ve broken this post down by what is available at each farm.