There are two things we love most about this time of year: back-to-school and the return of Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining. This annual celebration of Orlando eateries features 132 Orlando restaurants offering a three-course, prix fixe menu for $40/person. Totally worth the trip on I-4! UPDATE: Magical Dining is scheduled for Friday, August 18 – Sunday, October 1, 2023.
What is Orlando’s Magical Dining?
This annual celebration of Orlando eateries offers a three-course, prix fixe menu for just $40/person, and a new upper tier for $60 per person.
For many diners, it is a way to experience a special restaurant that may not normally fit into their budget.
The deliciousness begins on Friday, August 18, 2023 and continues through Sunday, October 1, 2023. This year, diners can indulge at over 115 participating local restaurants – including lots of exciting new additions. Participating eateries span six main districts including Winter Park, Restaurant Row, Downtown, and even all the way to Disney.
Please remember to request the special Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining menu upon arrival at the restaurant. Also note that tax and gratuity are not included in the $40 or $60 per person.
$1 from every meal served ($2 if in the $60 per person tier) will be donated to The Lifeboat Project, which raises awareness and resources to combat human trafficking.
No need to plan a road trip to Orlando solely for dinner, though. A selection of exclusive overnight packages pairing cozy rooms with special deals, including Magical Dining experiences for two. It’s the perfect excuse to plan a quick getaway before summer’s end. And with some resorts offering theme park transportation, you can also squeeze in a visit to the parks.
MAGICAL DINING 2023: OVERNIGHT PACKAGES
Returning for 2023 is Visit Orlando’s Magical Nights, offering couples exclusive hotel and resort offers to extend the dining experience at participating hotel restaurants.
Here are a few of our favorite options:
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin: up to 20% off
- The Alfond Inn: includes Magical Dining dinner menu for two in Hamilton’s Kitchen, and a bottle of chilled Champagne to celebrate
- Lake Nona Wave Hotel: Florida Residents can save 20% on stays
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek: 20% off select rooms
A Disney hotel located within walking distance of Epcot and Disney’s Boardwalk, this option is perfect for couples who want to combine Magical Dining with a Disney theme park visit. Take advantage of up to 30% off an overnight stay combined with Magical Dining. Il Mulino New York Trattoria and Todd English’s bluezoo, both located on property, are participating in Magical Dining this year.
Other resort amenities include Disney theme park transportation, 5 pools, 18 restaurants and lounges (explore some on an epic resort food crawl), the luxurious Mandara Spa and more. This resort grounds offer a nice vantage point for the nightly Epcot fireworks.
Here are a Magical Dining top picks for date night:
- Reel Fish Coastal Kitchen – Celebrate the flavors of Florida and the south with Cedar Key Clams & Tasso Toast, Pompano Beach Swordfish, and more
- The Ravenous Pig – Always a favorite each year! Lots of vegetarian and gluten-free menu options
- Market to Table – Winter Garden restaurant, highlights include Truffle Gnocchi and gluten-free options like Braised Beef Short Rib
- Chez Vincent – Head to Hannibal Square in Winter Park for French cuisine and award winning food
- VINIA Wine & Kitchen – One of our favorite wine bars and restaurants in Winter Park, wine flight upgrades for menu and dessert, live music on Thursdays
- The Taproom at Dubstread – A College Park favorite for decades
- AVA MediterrAegean – gluten-free options for each course including Creekstone Farm Prime Flank Steak
Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Magical Dining is scheduled for Friday, August 18 – Sunday, October 1, 2023.
Over 132 participating local restaurants, each offering a three-course, prix fixe dinner menu for just $40 per person, or upper tier $60 per person. Takeout options are available at select restaurants.
As an added bonus, $1 from every meal is donated to a deserving local charity.
For more information and to view menus, go to our Magical Dining Guide at OrlandoDateNightGuide.com or the official site, MagicalDining.com.
Looking for more food-focused date night ideas? Try these:
- Guide to Tampa Bay Cooking Classes
- Tampa’s Most Romantic Restaurants
- Kid-Friendly Tampa Bay Restaurants for Date Night
Feature image courtesy of Visit Orlando