Date nights may look a little different for awhile, and that's okay! In this time where we are forced to slow down it's not the end of the world, we just need to get a little creative! My husband came up with the “Instead of Netflix” Jar for the nights we look at each other and “don't know what to do” so we end up just watching Netflix. Which is all good for awhile, but can get repetitive. So here are the items we came up with to do together “Instead of Netflix.”
- TEACH ME PIANO
- PLAY OR LEARN GUITAR
- IMPROMPTU DANCE PARTY
- READ A BOOK
- CONVERSATION STARTERS (We have a book of 101 questions we got off Amazon. You can easily google a variety of questions lists online too.)
- FIND A NEW RECIPE AND MAKE IT! Crack open those dusty cookbooks you got for Christmas, graduation, birthday, etc. They have good information in them! Or ask Alexa! She has a wealth of knowledge on the topic.
- BUILD A PILLOW FORT AND WATCH A KIDS MOVIE. Let loose and channel your inner child.
- COLORING BOOK. We have the adult coloring books that have all the tiny designs so it can be a good hour or so project if you want it to be. Great activity to hold a conversation over and great stress relief!
- PLAY A BOARD GAME. We typically only think to get board games out when we have company over, but this is a great idea for two player as well!
- DO A PUZZLE. Our new favorite!
- WORK ON THAT CRAFT OR PROJECT YOU’VE BEEN MEANING TO DO. (My husband has a loooong list in the back of his head.)
- WALK ON BAYSHORE/RIVERWALK, or whatever road you have access to.
- SETUP A PUTT PUTT COURSE
- GIVE EACH OTHER MASSAGES
- VIDEO GAME NIGHT
- WORK ON WEDDING BOOK. We have yet to organize our wedding photos – so this definitely made the list. But this could be any photo book you want! We did one on Shutterfly for our first year of dating as well as for our Engagement photos.
- BRAINSTORM TRAVEL IDEAS (for when we are on the other side of this, of course)
- FIGURE OUT OUR LOVE LANGUAGES. Another thing we have yet to do! If you are in our same boat you can take their quiz online or order their book off Amazon.
Our jar includes things that are interesting and enjoyable to us. Create your own! Add things you and your significant other enjoy. Draw from it when you just can't make up your mind or you need a little inspiration! Enjoy!