As Hurricane Idalia approaches, some Tampa Bay businesses are closing. We will continue to update when we can and as Tampa Bay announcements are made.
Be sure to pay attention to local emergency officials and meteorologists.
Tampa Bay Area emergency management offices for the latest updates:
- Hillsborough County Emergency Management
- Pinellas County Emergency Operations Center
- Pasco County Emergency Management
- Polk County Emergency Updates
- Manatee County Emergency Updates
- Hernando County Emergency Updates
- Citrus County Emergency Updates
Tampa Bay Closures:
*Please note, these dates are subject to change.
Tampa International Airport will close at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday
The airport’s terminal building will close at 3:00 pm Tuesday and will reopen at 3:00 pm on Wednesday. Wednesday flights for Allegiant will be canceled.
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Following the latest updates on Tropical Storm Idalia, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will close at 3 p.m. Tuesday, August 29, and remain closed on Wednesday, August 30.
For any ticket questions, please contact [email protected].
Due to Hurricane Idalia will be closed to guests on Tuesday, August 29 for storm preparations and on Wednesday, August 30 for projected severe weather.
Closed until further notice due to Hurricane Idalia.
Florida State Park Closures
Multiple Florida State Parks are closed due to Hurricane Idalia. Get updates at floridastateparks.org/StormUpdates.
Sunken Gardens will be closed on Tuesday, August 29 and Wednesday, August 30 due to Idalia.
Currently, no closure has been announced.
Statement: Classes and activities at the Patel Conservatory have been cancelled for Tuesday, Aug. 29 and Wednesday, Aug. 30. Parents and students will be contacted by a representative of the Patel Conservatory. Conditions permitting, the facility will reopen on Thursday, Aug. 31.
The aquarium will be closed on Tuesday, August 29 and Wednesday, August 30 due to Idalia.
The Dali will be closed on Tuesday, August 29 and Wednesday, August 30 due to Idalia.
For those interested in visiting The Dalí Museum virtually, TheDali.org/Virtual includes materials to engage audiences including the Museum’s award-winning virtual reality experience, Dreams of Dalí, The Dali’s 360 tour, plus several online-only exhibits.
CMA will close at 3:00 pm on Monday, August 28 and will remain closed on Tuesday, August 29 and Wednesday, August 30 due to Idalia.
PSTA is closely monitoring the situation regarding Hurricane Idalia. At this time no evacuation order has been issued, and bus service is operating as normal. (8/28/2023 9:00 AM)
All HCPL locations will be closed on Tuesday, August 29 and Wednesday, August 30.
All Disney theme parks, Disney Springs, and water parks will remain open and operating under normal conditions. Please continue to check back for updates.
Statements from Walt Disney World:
- Travel Flexibility: At this time, change and cancellation fees imposed by Disney will be waived for check-in dates of August 28, 2023 through September 5, 2023. Guests currently staying at our Disney Resort hotels whose travel plans have been impacted by the storm may receive a discounted rate to extend their stay through the evening of August 31, if needed, by visiting the front desk.
- Evacuees & First Responders Support: Florida residents evacuating from the storm and first responders assisting in storm-related recovery efforts may also receive 50% off Disney Resort hotel stays on the evenings of August 29-31, 2023. For evacuees, please call (407) W-DISNEY for details. For first responders, please call (407) 828-3200 (Option 3). This applies to new bookings only and is based on availability.
- Storm Recovery: Walt Disney World is prepared to once again serve as a staging area for storm-related recovery efforts for the state of Florida.