Whether you’re ready or not, ‘tis the season for holiday shopping! This year, more than ever, planning your gift-giving well ahead of time is key to avoiding a shipping nightmare. Lucky for us, Tampa Bay has no shortage of holiday markets packed with small businesses looking to spread holiday cheer!
We’ve put together a list of some of the best holiday markets, so get ready to shop ‘til you drop while supporting local.
Ongoing Christmas Markets in Tampa Bay
There’s no better place to celebrate the holiday season than along the Tampa Riverwalk. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the season while you shop 7+ local vendors, including The Modern Paws, Don Me Now, and more.
Once you’re done shopping, make sure to grab a hot chocolate and take a lap around the real ice-skating rink!
- Where: Curtis Hixon Park – 600 N. Ashley Drive, Tampa, FL 33602
- When: November 19, 2021 – January 2, 2022
Brand new this year, Winter Beach at the St. Pete Pier is bringing some of the best local vendors together to ensure you find the perfect gifts this holiday season. In addition to the various shops, you’ll also find a diverse lineup of food and drink options, free holiday movie showings, and a real ice-skating rink. Who says you can’t ice skate in Florida?!
- Where: St. Pete Pier – 800 2nd Ave NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- When: November 20, 2021 – January 17, 2022
Is it really the holiday season if you don’t visit Christmas Town at Busch Gardens? We don’t think so! Among the endless twinkling lights and thrilling rides, you’ll find the Christmas Town Village. From cookies and cocoa to holiday brews and more, the food and drink options are nothing short of incredible. Some of our menu must-haves include the Dulce de Leche Stuffed Donut Holes, the Apple Cider BBQ Chicken Sliders, and the Mistletoe Margarita. If sampling a variety of these offerings is more your style, make sure to grab a Food & Beverage Sampler Lanyard. And if somehow the food offerings aren’t enough to convince you to get your Christmas Town tickets ASAP, we’re certain the array of holiday gift shops will be!
- Where: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay – 10165 McKinley Dr, Tampa, FL 33612
- When: Daily November 12, 2021 – January 2, 2022
Christmas in the Wild is back at ZooTampa and it’s not just for the little ones! Grown-ups can find delicious holiday treats and festive ornaments at the Twinkletown Marketplace. This year there will be six new fully immersive zones of lights, making Christmas in the Wild one of the biggest holiday light displays in Tampa Bay.
- Where: ZooTampa – 1101 W Sligh Ave, Tampa, FL 33604
- When: Select nights November 26 – December 30, 2021
Holiday Market Events
If you’re looking to give thoughtful, one-of-a-kind gifts this holiday season, the Tampa Museum of Art has you covered with their annual Holiday Shopping Event. With items ranging from handmade jewelry to candied jalapeños to children’s books, there will be something for everyone on your list. You can even get your items gift wrapped for free while you sip on a glass of wine from the cash bar, knowing you finished your holiday shopping early. Look at you go!
- Where: Tampa Museum of Art – 120 W Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa, FL 33602
- When: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 11am-7pm
Get in the holiday spirit at the Tampa Bay Holiday Market, located at The Coliseum in St. Pete. Local vendors will be offering home décor, unique handmade gifts, clothing, accessories, food, and more. Admission and parking free, so there's simply no reason not to check it out.
- Where: The Coliseum – 535 4th Ave N, St Petersburg, FL 33701
- When: Saturday-Sunday, November 20-21, 2021, 10am-5pm
If you like getting your holiday shopping done right after Thanksgiving, but the idea of waiting in Black Friday lines pains you, you’re not alone! Shop small, walk off the stuffing, and avoid the lines by heading to the Thanksgiving Arts & Crafts Festival in Tarpon Springs the weekend after turkey day. Local craft vendors will take over Court Street, giving you the perfect opportunity to get a head start on your shopping.
- Where: 1 N Pinellas Ave, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
- When: November 27-28, 2021, 10am-5pm
Any event that includes “sip” in the title sounds like something we cannot miss, and this is no exception. Celebrate the season in Downtown Safety Harbor with Christmas carolers, a gift-wrapping station, and lots of shopping and sipping.
- Where: Downtown Safety Harbor
- When: Friday, December 3, 2021, 5-9pm
If you’re in the Dade City area, the Fancy Flea Country Christmas Market is a must-visit. Local vendors will be selling an array of vintage goods and other gift-worthy items. Admission for this outdoor street show is free, so grab your date and check it out!
- Where: 14139 7th St, Dade City, FL 33525
- When: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 9am-4pm
In addition to the cutest bungalow-style houses and delicious restaurants, Seminole Heights is known for its eclectic, vintage shopping scene and unique markets. The Holiday Craft Fair at Seminole Heights United Methodist Church has been a Tampa Bay market staple for over 50 years. Browse a wide variety of handmade gifts from local artists and businesses, then treat yourself to something delicious from the bake sale.
- Where: Seminole Heights United Methodist Church – 6111 N Central Ave, Tampa, FL 33604
- When: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 9am-2pm
A Very Merry Market is a one-stop-shop for everyone on the nice list! This market supports local businesses and artisans, as well as two local non-profits: Great Explorations Children’s Museum and Sunken Gardens. If you’re looking to give back while also giving the best gifts this holiday season, add this one to your calendar ASAP.
- Where: Great Explorations Children's Museum – 1925 4th St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33704
- When: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 5-8pm
There is simply nothing like Oxford Exchange during the holidays. Head to everyone’s favorite brunch spot after hours on December 9 and find yourself immersed in a holiday shopping wonderland. With 30+ hand-picked, local vendors, you’ll find something for everyone on your list (and maybe pick up a few things for yourself). We’ve already added a Casa Sanctum candle, a stack of bracelets from Ritual Intention, and a Tampa print from rachelsbranch to our Christmas list.
- Where: Oxford Exchange – 420 W Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33606
- When: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 5:30-9:30pm
How lucky are we to live where you can have a holiday market on the beach? Head over to Madeira Beach on December 11 for a family-friendly event with over 50 local vendors, photos with Santa, a beer garden, and so much more. Feel free to bring your pups, as this event is also pet-friendly. Make sure to stick around for the annual Madeira Beach Lighted Boat Parade and the official lighting of the Madeira Beach Christmas Tree.
- Where: R.O.C. Park – 200 Rex Pl, Madeira Beach, FL 33708
- When: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 2-8pm
Winter Village isn’t the only festive fun happening on the Riverwalk this December. Head over to Water Works Park for the Tampa Riverwalk Holiday Fest and keep your shopping local. Find a wide variety of vendors offering everything from jewelry to gifts for your four-legged friend. We suggest making a whole day out of it and stopping by Armature Works and Winter Village, too.
- Where: Water Works Park – 1701 N Highland Ave, Tampa, FL 33602
- When: December 11-12, 2021, 10am-6pm (Saturday) & 10am-4pm (Sunday)
Don’t worry, Brandon- we didn’t forget about you. If you’re in the Brandon area, you have to check out the Holiday Gift Market. In its fourth year, the market will host over 70 vendors and offer free admission. We even heard Santa will be there!
- Where: 788 Lumsden Rd W, Brandon, FL 33511
- When: Sunday, December 12, 2021, 10am-3pm
Feature image credit: The Fancy Flea