Update January 2021: The Drive-In at Armature Works ended in December 2020. Stay tuned for future details!
Drive-in movie theaters are having a moment as a fun, safe way to get out of the house and enjoy the magic of the movies. And now, there's a brand new drive-in movie experience at one of our favorite date night spots in the city. In addition to boasting dozens of foodie options, outdoor ambiance, and amazing views of the Tampa skyline, Armature Works is now the home of Rooftop Cinema Club's The Drive-In at Armature Works.
Open since October 15, 2020 in collaboration with LA-based Rooftop Cinema Club, this new, contactless outdoor movie venue screens 1-2 flicks nightly on a 52-foot screen.
Featured movies at Rooftop Cinema Club's Armature Works drive-in theater run the gamut from family-friendly flicks to classics and date-night approved picks. There isn't a single movie in the current schedule we aren't excited about.
Couples can make it a complete date night by ordering movie snacks online from Rooftop Cinema Club's app, as well as ordering food from vendors within Armature Works for contactless pickup.
HOW IT WORKS
The Rooftop Cinema Club Drive-In movie theater at Armature Works screens 1-2 drive-in movies per night. Expect a more family-friendly flick to hit the screen around 7:30pm, followed by a second movie for night owls at 10pm.
There are a limited number of Rooftop Cinema drive in tickets available for each screening. Tickets must be purchased online in advance and are priced per car, starting at $22. Most movies are $28 – $34.
For a budget-friendly outing, check out the Community Screenings select nights. Tickets for these special screenings are just $5 per car with proceeds benefiting local non-profits in Tampa Bay.
When purchasing tickets, you'll be asked to pick a section. Section A is closest to the screen with higher ticket prices, while Section B is towards the back with lower prices.
Regardless of section, your exact parking spot will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis when you arrive. Doors open 30 minutes ahead of the scheduled movie time.
Other things to note:
- Make sure you have a working FM radio to pipe the movie audio into your car.
- To adhere to Rooftop Cinema Club's drive in movie safety plan, lawn chairs, picnic blankets and seating outside of your car aren't permitted. You can hang out in the bed of your truck or hatchback, though.
- Outside food and drink aren't allowed.
- Masks are required when leaving your car for any reason. Full safety rules are available here.
Here are a few upcoming date-worthy highlights playing at The Drive-In at Armature Works:
- The Goonies: Thursday, November 19, 7:15pm
- La La Land: Thursday, November 19, 10:15pm
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial: Friday, November 20, 7:15pm
- Jurassic Park: Friday, November 20, 10:15pm
- Mrs. Doubtfire: Sunday, November 22, 9:45pm
- 10 Things I Hate About You: Monday, November 23, 7:15pm
- Mean Girls: Monday, November 23, 10pm
- The Nightmare Before Christmas: Tuesday, November 24, 7:15pm
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation: Tuesday, November 24, 9:30pm
- The Holiday: Saturday, November 28, 9:45pm
- Serendipity: Sunday, November 29, 8:15pm
- Love Actually: Friday, December 4, 10pm
- Die Hard: Thursday, December 10, 10pm
- A Christmas Story: Sunday, December 13, 6pm
- It's a Wonderful Life: Wednesday, December 16, 7:30pm
- Home Alone: Friday, December 18, 7:30pm
- Elf: Wednesday, December 23, 9:45pm
- The Great Gatsby: Wednesday, December 30, 10:15pm
View the full movie schedule here.
DETAILS + TICKETS
Rooftop Cinema Club's The Drive-In At Armature Works
Through December 30, 2020
Located across from Armature Works
420 W Oak Ave, Tampa, FL 33602
Tickets vary from $22 – $34/car depending on the movie and section.
For full details and to purchase tickets, visit rooftopcinemaclub.com/tampa/venue/the-drive-in-at-armature-works.
All images courtesy of Rooftop Cinema Club