Drive-in movie theaters are having a moment as a fun, safe way to get out of the house and enjoy the magic of the movies. And now, there’s a brand new drive-in movie experience coming to one of our favorite date night spots in the city. In addition to boasting dozens of foodie options, outdoor ambiance, and amazing views of the Tampa skyline, Armature Works will now be the home of Rooftop Cinema Club’s The Drive-In at Armature Works.
Opening on October 15, 2020 in collaboration with LA-based Rooftop Cinema Club, this new, contactless outdoor movie venue will be screening 1-2 flicks nightly on a 52-foot screen.
Featured movies at Rooftop Cinema Club’s Armature Works drive in theater run the gamut from family-friendly flicks to classics and date-night approved picks. Plus, enjoy a full week of Halloween movies the week of October 26. There isn’t a single movie in the current schedule we aren’t excited about.
Couples can make it a complete date night by ordering movie snacks online from Rooftop Cinema Club’s app, as well as ordering food from vendors within Armature Works for contactless pickup.
HOW IT WORKS
Beginning October 15, the Rooftop Cinema Club Drive-In movie theater at Armature Works will be screening 1-2 drive in movies per night. Expect a more family-friendly flick to hit the screen around 7:30pm, followed by a second movie for night owls at 10pm.
There are a limited number of Rooftop Cinema drive in tickets available for each screening. Tickets must be purchased online in advance and are priced per car, starting at $22. Most movies are $28 – $34.
For a budget-friendly outing, check out the Community Screenings select nights. Tickets for these special screenings are just $5 per car with proceeds benefiting local non-profits in Tampa Bay.
When purchasing tickets, you’ll be asked to pick a section. Section A is closest to the screen with higher ticket prices, while Section B is towards the back with lower prices.
Regardless of section, your exact parking spot will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis when you arrive. Doors open 30 minutes ahead of the scheduled movie time.
Other things to note:
- Make sure you have a working FM radio to pipe the movie audio into your car.
- To adhere to Rooftop Cinema Club’s drive in movie safety plan, lawn chairs, picnic blankets and seating outside of your car aren’t permitted. You can hang out in the bed of your truck or hatchback, though.
- Outside food and drink aren’t allowed.
- Masks are required when leaving your car for any reason. Full safety rules are available here.
Here are a few upcoming highlights playing at The Drive-In at Armature Works:
- Ghostbusters (1984): Wednesday, October 28, 7:15pm (also October 30, 10pm)
- Gremlins: Wednesday, October 28, 10pm
- Halloween (1978): Saturday, October 31, 10pm
- Romeo & Juliet (1996): *Community Screening* Sunday, November 1, 10pm
- The Breakfast Club: Monday, November 2, 10pm
- Crazy Rich Asians: Tuesday, November 3, 7:15pm
- The Sandlot: Wednesday, November 4, 7:15pm
- Bohemian Rhapsody: Wednesday, November 4, 10pm
- The Goonies: Thursday, November 5, 7:15pm
- Raiders of the Lost Ark: Thursday, November 5, 10pm
- Jurassic Park: Friday, November 6, 7:15pm
- 50 First Dates: Saturday, November 7, 10pm
- Legally Blonde: Tuesday, November 10, 7:15pm
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: Saturday, November 14, 7:15pm
- Dirty Dancing: Saturday: November 14, 10:30pm
- Elf: *Community Screening* Sunday, November 15, 10pm
View the full movie schedule here.
DETAILS + TICKETS
Rooftop Cinema Club’s The Drive-In At Armature Works
Through November 15, 2020
Located across from Armature Works
420 W Oak Ave, Tampa, FL 33602
Tickets vary from $22 – $34/car depending on the movie and section.
For full details and to purchase tickets, visit rooftopcinemaclub.com/tampa/venue/the-drive-in-at-armature-works.
All images courtesy of Rooftop Cinema Club