Social distancing has reignited our love for drive-in movies, but have you heard about The Parking Lot Social? Coming to Tampa’s Raymond James Stadium July 16 – 19, the drive-in event has a multitude of activities to enjoy such as a silent disco, comedy, bingo, live bands, movies, food trucks, trivia, and even car-a-oke…all from the comfort of your car! Get ready for a retro date night like no other.
Attendees will be provided with wireless headphones that transmit the programming, making you feel like you're out of the car and on the stage. In addition, you'll feel fully immersed in the movies shown, as they will be displayed on two 40 foot screens.
FYI: The event hosts will be taking measures to ensure social distancing guidelines remain in place, beginning with how you purchase your tickets. First, you'll purchase your tickets online to ensure a contact-less check-in process. Prior to the event, you'll receive an Event Guide detailing all of your food options. You’ll order food remotely from your vehicle, and there will be several hand sanitation stations throughout. In addition, restrooms will be limited to one adult at a time (small children may be accompanied by an adult). Finally, guests are expected to remain a safe distance from each other in areas where a line is present.
The range of activities you can partake in are as follows:
- Silent Disco: Using wireless headphone technology they're throwing a massive silent disco in the parking lot.
- Car-A-Oke: Sing loud and proud from the comfort of your car and come together in one mass, slightly out of tune, singalong.
- Boom Boom Bingo: It’s not your grandma’s bingo! A high energy interpretation of the classic game.
- Parking LOL: Relieve some stress through the medicine of laughter, as a variety of stand-up acts will ensure endless LOLs in your car at this dedicated stand-alone event.
- Midnight Movies: Friday & Saturday nights will offer patrons the opportunity of an extra session and enjoy the drive-in movie experience with Midnight Movies on The Parking Lot Social screens.
- Themed Trivia: Prove your trivia prowess on various subjects and themes while competing with the entire crowd for prizes. Download the app in advance and grab those prizes.
- Food Trucks: Each event will feature some of your favorite local food vendors delivering amazing food and drink directly to your car.
- Headphone Disco DJ Battle: Bringing the festival favorite to the parking lot, guests use wireless headphone technology to select their DJ of choice with some awesome battles scheduled.
- Live Bands: A gig with a difference. From the stage, direct to your car, get that live music fix you’ve been missing.
DETAILS + TICKETS
The Parking Lot Social – Tampa
July 16, 17, 18, and 19, 2020
Raymond James Stadium
4201 N Dale Mabry Hwy
Tampa, FL 33607
Individual ticket prices range between $29 – $59 depending on the activity selected.
For more information, visit theparkinglotsocial.com.
Feature image credit: The Parking Lot Social