Forget about romantic comedies, scary movies are just as ideal for date night. What other movie genre warrants consecutive hours of holding each other tight? We’ve put together this guide to Halloween movies in Tampa Bay for your spooky viewing pleasure.
Rather than waiting until October 31 for a marathon, build the anticipation all season long by catching screenings of classic horror movies all around town.
Top picks for Halloween Movies in Tampa Bay
October 14 – 31, 2022 showtimes around 7:00pm – 7:30pm
Tampa’s most historic ~ and most haunted ~ movie palace is proud to present its most sinister series, A Nightmare on Franklin Street.
2022 Halloween Movie Lineup
- Hocus Pocus – Friday, Oct. 14, 7:30pm
- Suspiria – Friday, Oct. 14, 10:30pm
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show – Saturday, Oct. 15, 7:30pm and 11:55pm
- Friday the 13th – Sunday, Oct. 16, 2:00pm
- Psycho – Sunday, Oct. 16, 5:30pm
- X – Sunday, Sunday, Oct. 16, 8:30pm
- The House with a Clock in Its Walls – Monday, Oct. 17, 7:30pm
- Grand Hampton Season Premiere – Tuesday, Oct. 18, 7:30pm
- Theatre of Blood – Wednesday, Oct. 19, 7:00pm
- Pet Sematary – Thursday, Oct. 20, 7:30pm
- SpiritsFest 2022: “Opening Night” – Saturday, Oct. 22, 6pm and 9pm
- PHANTASMAGORIA XIII – “Poe, Through The Tales Darkly” – Sunday, Oct. 23, 2:00pm
- Dead & Buried – Monday, Oct. 24, 7:30pm
- The Beast Comes at Midnight – Tuesday, Oct. 25, 7:00pm
- An Evening with the Ghost Brothers – Wednesday, Oct. 26, 7:00pm
- Campfire Stories (live on stage) – Thursday, Oct. 27, 7:00pm
- The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog – Friday, Oct. 28, 7:00pm
- Halloween – Monday, Oct. 31, 7:30pm
Bonus date idea – Late Night, Lights Off Paranormal Investigation – Friday and Saturday, Oct. 28 and 29, 9:15pm and Ghosts of Tampa Theatre Tour, daily October 14-31.
Explore more ghost tours in Tampa Bay.
Silver Moon Drive-In
It’s a bit far to technically be Halloween movies in Tampa, but how fun would it be to watch Halloween movies at a drive-in? Get ready for a night of thrills and chills with Silver Moon Drive-In in Lakeland
Friday, Oct 28, annual Halloween movie marathon $25 per car
Retro Thrills on Screen One = Beetlejuice, Gremlins, Little Shop Horrors, Lost Boys, Nightmare Elm Street
Classic Monsters on Screen Two = Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Frankenstein meets Wolfman, Invisible Man
4100 New Tampa Hwy Lakeland, FL 33815
At Lakeland’s Silver Moon Drive-In Theater, take your pick from two screens featuring a nightly double feature of different first run movies. The concession area is stocked with affordably priced drinks (including beer!), popcorn and other snacks.
Movie on the Lawn
7pm Hocus Pocus
Link and more info coming soon
Tips for a Halloween Movie Date
- Dress for a comfy movie-watching snuggle session (especially fun on a chilly night!).
- Talk about your comfort level ahead of time – are you into gore or not so much?
- Always arrive early about 30 minutes before showtime to stake out your spot!
We continue to find more Halloween movies in Tampa Bay and will update as movie events are announced.