The most wonderful time of the year is almost here! Can you believe it? What better way to spend the holidays than at the happiest place on earth? It just makes sense…right? Disney World truly caters itself to the holidays, decorating each park head to toe in holiday décor to totally immerse guests! While there is so much going on, it’s easy to miss something or leave overwhelmed. So, if you’re willing to fight the crowds – check out all of the Christmas-y events, decorations, and characters you must see this year at Disney!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party– Obviously one of the most popular Christmas events at Walt Disney World is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party! This magical party starts in early November and lasts until late December. This year, the last night of the party is approaching quickly (Dec. 22nd) so book your tickets now! So, what makes the party so special? First, the whole park is decorated, the characters are decked to the holiday-nines, and so much more. Not to mention, there are delicious goodies at every corner, snow-fall, and special entertainment across the park!
- Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace- While you’re enjoying Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, book your spot at the Holiday Fireworks Dessert Party. Here you can enjoy delicious desserts from reserved seating and have the best view of all of the magical holiday fireworks!
- Disney’s Yuletide Fantasy– The ways in which Disney decorates for the holidays is unreal. If you’ve already been interested in their decoration skills, you’re in luck. Disney’s Yuletide Fantasy is a behind-the-scenes-tour of the parks to give you an inside look at all things holidays.
- Disney’s Holiday D-Lights– Embark on this dazzling tour of Magic Kingdom and discover how the park enhances the magic during the holidays. This tour takes place in the evening to really bring out the beauty of the park’s nighttime décor.
- Epcot International Festival of the Holidays– Embark on a journey around the world at Epcot. While you’re there, enjoy different holiday traditions at each of the 11 countries across the park. Enjoy sights, smells, eats, and more.
- Candlelight Processional– Take pleasure in the sounds of the holidays with Candlelight. Enjoy the tale of the Christmas Story told by a celebrity narrator as a beautiful choir and orchestra sings along to tell the story.
- Frozen Ever After Dessert Party at Epcot World Showcase– Take delight at the end of the night with Frozen Ever After Dessert Party. For the first time in forever, take a moment to relax and enjoy the sights and smells of the holidays at Epcot. Book your tickets now!
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!– Delight in the holidays at Hollywood Studios! Go back to the old-glamor of Hollywood and enjoy a holiday spectacular! There will be music, fireworks, and so much more every single night. Enjoy the most beloved scenes from Mickey’s Christmas Carol, Beauty and the Beast, Pluto’s Christmas Tree, The Nightmare Before Christmas and so much more. Mickey, Minnie, Olaf, and many more will be projected just for you with laser-shows and snow!
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Holiday Dessert Party– While you enjoy Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Why not enjoy a holly-jolly spread of delicious treats and drinks? The event is booking now so save your seat!
- Sunset Seasons Greetings- Take a walk down Sunset Boulevard and enjoy a stunning yuletide projection on the Tower of Terror. There will be lights, music, holiday cheer, and of course, snowfall. You won’t want to miss this.
- Holidays at the Animal Kingdom- This is the first time that the Animal Kingdom will be participating in the holidays and it’s about time! They came to play this year decorating all places in the park from Discovery Island to Pandora. Enjoy life-size artisan-sculpted animal puppets in Discovery Island, festivities at DinoLand. Celebrate Diwali in Asia, African traditions in Africa, and kitschy décor in Pongu Pongu at Pandora.
- Tree of Life Awakenings– Cherish the Tree of Life as it flickers and delights with a visual light display. Stop and get a PhotoPass photo here – you’ll want to cherish this memory forever.
- Holidays at Disney Springs– If you don’t want to deal with the parks – no problem. You can enjoy all of the cheer at Disney Springs too, enjoy your favorite stores and restaurants decked to the nines with holiday décor.
- Christmas Tree Trail- Journey down the Christmas Tree Trail and enjoy 22 Disney-Themed trees. While you’re there enjoy snow-fall and holiday treats, too!
- Beach Club Resort– Kowabunga on over to Beach Club Resort for the Beach Club Gingerbread Carousel! Enjoy the resort – holiday style and immerse yourself in a gingerbread wonderland.
- Boardwalk Inn– Jive on back to the Boardwalk Inn and enjoy another gingerbread display. The décor is there to impress with a carnival circus theme. Enjoy trees, wreaths, mantels, and more when you visit the Boardwalk this holiday season.
- Animal Kingdom Lodge– Christmas at AKL is truly incredible. There you can find floor-to-ceiling trees and an African flair to all things Christmas.
- Grand Floridian– If you can’t swing a stay at The Grand Floridian this Christmas, no problem. Their Christmas décor is open to everyone as their incredible life-size gingerbread house is constructed. You won’t want to miss that or their amazing lobby-tree.
- Contemporary Resort– Enjoy the holidays at the Contemporary with ANOTHER gingerbread display of Cinderella’s Castle. Take the highway in the sky from the Magic Kingdom on over to the Contemporary and delight in the Christmas cheer.
Whether you’re taking delight within the parks or are keeping it at the resorts and Disney Springs – there’s no shortage of Christmas Cheer at Walt Disney World!